Thursday, September 19, 2013
· Inquire about your grade, or upcoming quizzes and tests.
· Give them feedback about the class and how you think you are progressing. Let them know if something would help you to be more successful in the class.
· Discuss challenges you have with the material.
Why do this now?
· Good communication with your instructor will make it easier when you need to ask questions about the material, or need help understanding your grade. You are also more likely to know where you stand in the course.
· Your instructor can be an important mentor for the rest of your time at college and in your career. His or her experience and network of professionals can be beneficial when you are applying for jobs or transferring to another college.
How to contact my instructor?
· Most instructors give their preferred contact information on their syllabi. They might prefer email or for you to visit during office hours. If you are unsure how to contact your instructor, ask them before or after class.
Thursday, September 5, 2013
|FALL COURSE ADD/DROP DATES AND REFUND POLICY|
|Full Term Course||1st Session||2nd Session||ICCOC Online Courses|
|16-week Session||1st 8-week Session||2nd 8-week Session|
|Start - End Date:||Aug 27-Dec 20||Aug 27-Oct 22||Oct 23-Dec 20||Aug 26-Dec 13||Aug 26-Oct 18||Oct 21-Dec 13|
|Last day to add||September 6||September 5||November 1||August 29||August 27||October 22|
|Last day to drop||November 20||October 7||December 9||November 13||October 7||December 4|
|Last day to initiate a Complete Withdrawal||December 12||December 12|
|Refund on course drops:|
|Last day full refund||September 3||August 30||October 28||September 3||August 30||October 25|
|Last day 60% refund||September 10||September 3||October 30||September 9||September 3||October 30|
|Last day 40% refund||September 17||September 5||November 1||September 16||September 5||November 3|
Fast Track course drops are cancelled with refund only before second class meeting starts. No partial refunds are granted on Fast Tracks.
A student who registers but later is unable to attend must notify the college before the last date to cancel the course(s) or program to avoid charges and/or grades.